Tuesday, November 22, 2016

The op

I went in and had the  op.

The consultant had a chat with me before hand, and after going down to surgery at 9am I'm out at 10.30 am.
I've had anaesthetic before and it left me feeling groggy for longer than 24 hours. This time I'm flying though. when I came around they gave me some tramadol as I was in a bit of pain so that and the morphine are leaving me in a good place.
After relaxing for a while the surgeon comes around and tells me that it was successful, but worse than anticipated.
The labrum was shredded, and they have had to do microfracture in quite a large area. if you look at the hip joint side on he has microfractured between 10 o'clock and 3 o'clock.
Bad news.
I rest up until evening time and get releases the same day complete with a set of crutches.
No weight bearing for 4 weeks and that includes sitting upright.
I can put 'touch' weight on, but that's all.
Home to Recover!

No comments:

Post a Comment